SIPI-2014 CALL FOR PAPERS
INFORMATION FOR AUTHORS
The 2014 IEEE International Conference on Signal and Power Integrity (SIPI 2014) will be held as an embedded conference within the 2014 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility the week of August 4 - 8, 2014. Registered attendees will have access to the entire EMC Symposium program, in addition to the programs of SIPI 2014, without additional fees. As high-speed designs continue to evolve, signal/power integrity and other EMC problems are becoming more tightly related. This conference provides a unique opportunity for attendees to exchange ideas and share experiences relevant to today’s high-speed designs.
Join your colleagues and experts/innovators in Raleigh, NC for a full week of technical presentations on advances and research in EMC, SI, PI and other related fields. Conference proceedings will be submitted for posting to IEEE Xplore. In addition, authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their symposium paper for possible publication in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility. Proposals for special sessions, workshops, tutorials, and experiments are also encouraged.
PAPER TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics include and are not limited to the following technical areas (sample topics shown).
• High-speed interconnect design and optimization (component and/or system level)
• Interconnect modeling and extraction
• Channel analysis
Power Distribution Network and Decoupling
• PDN (power delivery network) design and optimization
• Design, analysis, simulation, modeling measurement techniques
• On-chip and off-chip high-speed signaling techniques
• 3-D IC and TSV
Tools and methodologies
• Jitter/Noise/Crosstalk/BER budgeting, analysis, and measurement
• De-embedding method
• Time domain and frequency domain measurement techniques
Simulation and modeling techniques
• High-frequency and electromagnetic simulation techniques
• Simulation and measurement correlation
• Advanced simulation tools/algorithms
• Device modeling and characterization
• Signal/power integrity for chip/package/board/connector/cable design
• Signal integrity and power integrity co-analysis
• System-level SI/PI/EMI co-design
• RF, microwave and mixed signal analysis
AUTHOR SUBMISSION SCHEDULE
Full Paper Manuscript: November 1, 2013 - January 20, 2014 (late papers will not be accepted)
Acceptance Notification: March 10, 2014
Final Paper and Workshop/Tutorial Material Due: May 9, 2014
Traditional Oral presentation: Presentation for those interested in presenting to large groups with limited potential for interactions with attendees. Six-page paper maximum, 20 minute presentation with 10-minute question and answer session.
Poster Paper: Presentation for those interested in direct interaction with individuals or small groups.
STUDENT PAPER CONTEST
As a part of the EMC symposium, graduate and undergraduate authors are eligible for the Symposium Best Student Paper contest. The student must be the primary author and should indicate that they wish to be considered for the contest when submitting the preliminary manuscript to the main paper submission portal. Each student’s professor will be asked to certify that the paper is primarily the work of the student.
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their conference paper for possible inclusion in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility featuring papers from the 2014 IEEE International Symposium on EMC including SIPI 2014. These submissions will be subjected to the same rigorous review as papers submitted for publication in regular issues of the IEEE Transactions on EMC.
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS & SUBMITTAL PROCEDURES
Prospective authors must submit electronically**.
• A manuscript (4 – 6 pages) including all relevant results and conclusions.
• Choice of presentation format (traditional oral or open forum).
** Manuscripts and Final papers are to be submitted through a website (see link below) after November 1, 2013. During the electronic submission process a unique author code is created for tracking purposes. Submissions are reviewed anonymously so please do not include author names or affiliations on the Preliminary Manuscript. Failure to comply with submission requirements may result in rejection.
Please click the button below to submit your SIPI 2014 paper
OPTIONAL ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
To increase the chance of paper acceptance, authors have an option to submit an abstract to
http://emc-center.org/OptionalAbstractSubmissionforSIPI2014.aspx. (Note this site is different than the official paper submission site). Although final acceptance depends on the full manuscript, the technical committee will review the abstracts, provide an initial assessment of paper quality, and offer suggestions to improve the paper.
PAPER ACCEPTANCE PROCEDURES & CRITERIA
• Importance of Topic: Does it have direct significance to the SI/PI/EMC community?
• Technical Sophistication and Depth: Does it present information that is a significant contribution, advancement, application or refinement of the state of the art? Does it expose the reader to a higher knowledge level than currently available from other sources? Is it clear that the work has been substantially completed or is the submission an interim report of progress on a long term project?
• Readability, Clarity and Presentation: Is the value of the submission clearly defined? Is the material written in clear and concise English, with topics presented in an organized and logical manner?
• Novelty and Originality: Does it propose a new and unique concept or expand on an existing premise from a unique point of view? Does it present new information on an SI/PI/EMC issue that is still in developmental stage?
STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
|Bruce Archambeault, IBM||Todd Hubing, Clemson U.||Eric Bogatin, BeTheSignal|
|Jim Nadolny, Samtec||Jim Drewniak, MST||Flavio Canavero, Politecnico di Torino|
|Er-Ping Li, A*STAR||Joungho Kim, KAIST||Ruey-Beei Wu, National Taiwan U.|
|Michel Nakhla, Carleton U||Jose Schutt-Aine, UIUC||Antonio Orlandi, U. of L’Aquila|
|Al Ruehli, MST||Brice Achkir, Cisco||Tzong-Lin Wu, National Taiwan U.|
|Sam Connor, IBM||Anand Haridass, IBM||Madhavan Swaminathan, GIT|
|Y. L. Li, Intel
||Dan Oh, Altera||Brian Young, Freescale|
|Bill Samaras, Intel
||Paul Franzon, NCSU
||Christian Schuster, Hamburg Tech. U.|
|Dan Jiao, Purdue U.||Zhiping Yang, Apple