CALL FOR PAPERS
INFORMATION for Authors
Join your colleagues in Raleigh where you can share your insight, ask questions, learn from the experts/innovators and see new products at the 2014 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility. The IEEE EMC Society seeks original, unpublished papers covering all aspects of electromagnetic compatibility, including EMC design, modeling, measurements and education. This year’s symposium includes an embedded conference, 2014 IEEE International Conference on Signal and Power Integrity (SIPI 2014), featuring workshop, tutorials and technical sessions devoted to topics of interest to both EMC and Signal Integrity engineers.
Conference proceedings will be submitted for posting to IEEE Xplore. In addition, authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their symposium paper for possible publication in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility.
PAPER TOPICS of Interest
Topics include and are not limited to the following technical areas.
TC-1 EMC Management
• Personnel & Laboratory Accreditation
• EMC Education
• Legal Issues
TC-2 EMC Measurements
• Test Instrumentation & Facilities
• Measurement Techniques
• Standards and Regulations
TC-3 EM Environment
• EM Signal Environment
• Atmospheric & Man-Made Noise
TC-4 EM Interference Control
• Shielding, Gasketing & Filtering
• Cables and Connectors
• Circuit & System EMC Analysis
TC-5 High Power Electromagnetics
• ESD & Transients
• EMP, IEMI & Lightning
• Information Leakage
• Electric Power EMC
TC-6 Spectrum Engineering
• Spectrum Characterization and Modeling
• Design for Spectrally Efficient Systems
• Adaptive Interference Mitigation
TC-7 Low Frequency EMC
• Power Quality and Conducted EMC
• Power Electronics
TC-9 Computational Electromagnetics
• Computer Modeling Methods
• Tools and Techniques
• Validation Methods
• Statistical Analysis
TC-11 Nanotechnology & Advanced Materials
• Nanomaterials & Nanostructures
• Smart Materials
SC1 Smart Grid EMC
• RF Environment
• Performance Degradation
SC4: EMC for Emerging Wireless Technologies
• EMC Planning/Testing/Specifications
• Wireless Coexistence
• Intra-System Interference
Embedded Conference on Signal and Power Integrity (SIPI 2014)
• High-Speed Interconnects
• Device Modeling & Characterization
• Crosstalk, Jitter, Noise Coupling, BER analysis
• 3D IC & TSV
• Power Distribution Networks & Decoupling
• SI/PI/EMI Co-Design
STUDENT PAPER & DESIGN CONTESTS
Graduate and undergraduate authors are eligible for the Best Student Paper contest. The student must be the primary author and should indicate they wish to be considered for the contest when submitting the manuscript to the main paper submission portal. Each student’s professor will be asked to certify that the paper is primarily the work of the student.
A Student Design Contest is also being held. Details on the design kit, rules, and award are provided at: http://www.emcs.org/committees/education/design_competition/index.html
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their symposium paper for possible inclusion in a special issue of the IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility featuring papers from the 2014 IEEE International Symposium on EMC. These submissions will be subjected to the same rigorous review as papers submitted for publication in regular issues of the IEEE Transactions on EMC.
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORS & SUBMITTAL PROCEDURES
Prospective authors must submit electronically**.
• A manuscript (4 – 6 pages) including all relevant results and conclusions.
• Choice of presentation format (traditional oral or open forum).
** Manuscripts and Final papers are to be submitted using the link below after November 1, 2013. During the electronic submission process a unique author code is created for tracking purposes. Submissions are reviewed anonymously, so please do not include author names or affiliations on the Manuscript. Failure to comply with submission requirements may result in rejection.
Please click the button below to submit your EMC 2014 paper
PAPER ACCEPTANCE PROCEDURES & CRITERIA
- Importance of Topic: Does it have direct significance to the EMC community?
- Technical Sophistication and Depth: Does it present information that is a significant contribution, advancement, application or refinement of the state of the art? Does it expose the reader to a higher knowledge level than currently available from other sources?
- Readability, Clarity and Presentation: Is the value of the submission clearly defined? Is the material written in clear and concise English, with topics presented in an organized and logical manner?
- Novelty and Originality: Does it propose a new and unique concept or expand on an existing premise from a unique point of view?